Brockenbrough reserves the sole discretion to change this policy by updating this page. You should review this page periodically to ensure that you are comfortable with any changes. Your use of the Brockenbrough website is at your sole risk. The website is provided on an “as is” basis. The website is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
Brockenbrough its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the website will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the website is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the website will meet your requirements.
Details about collection and use of data
The information we collect varies depending on your activity and use of the services or products offered by Brockenbrough. This Policy describes our practices with respect to the website, and any time you contact Brockenbrough through the website, via email, or otherwise, submit a request for information, proposals, or engage in any other activity through the website in which personal information is provided to Brockenbrough. Other websites that Brockenbrough may provide as a service to clients have their own dedicated websites and privacy policies, which you can find on the applicable website.
Brockenbrough does not sell data collected to any third party.
Categories of Personal Information
Brockenbrough collects the following categories of personal information:
- Contact and/or Personal Information – including your name, telephone number, address, and email address, IP address, and other information you provide through our website messaging portal or send to Brockenbrough by email or another electronic means. Additionally, if you apply to a Brockenbrough job, we may also ask you to provide additional personal data as part of our job application process. By submitting information to Brockenbrough on or through this website or through any other means, you acknowledge that you have read this Policy, understand it, agree to its terms, and authorize Brockenbrough to collect, use and disclose information pursuant to this Policy.
- Data on how you use this website – including your URL clickstreams, pages viewed, how long you view our pages, how often you visit our website, and other similar information.
- Data that identifies you – including your browser type and version, browser plug-in types, operating system and version, login information, and geolocation information about where you might be.
- Browsing information – including the website you came from, the website you visit next, and other similar information. Such information is collected through cookies and other technologies described below.
Recipients / Categories of Recipients
Your personal information may be shared with:
- Our service providers – including, as applicable, IT service providers, commercial email providers, security consultants, compliance administrators, payment processors, and other vendors Brockenbrough engages so that they may provide services to us or on our behalf.
- Other third parties – pursuant to a regulatory request or subpoena and / or when Brockenbrough believes it is required by, or necessary to comply with, applicable law. Brockenbrough may also provide your personal information to third parties when you ask us to do so.
Data Retention and Protection
Your personal data is generally stored until Brockenbrough receives a request to remove it or as otherwise required by internal policies and procedures, applicable law and/or contractual terms. Brockenbrough stores the data it collects in the United States and subjects such data to Brockenbrough’s Cybersecurity Policies & Procedures (to the extent applicable). Brockenbrough uses reasonable physical and technical measures to prevent unauthorized access or loss, and/or unlawful processing.
Information about processing of personal data
Brockenbrough does not sell data collected to any third party.
Purpose for Processing
The personal data Brockenbrough collects will be used for the following purposes:
- Marketing purposes – including sending you emails regarding service offerings and other content.
- Internal business operations – including (1) providing you with information pursuant to a request, responding to inquiries, and providing Brockenbrough’s services; (2) communication with you regarding Brockenbrough’s services; (3) compliance with our legal obligations; (4) in response to court orders or regulatory requests and in exercising Brockenbrough’s legal rights; (5) in protecting our and our clients’ rights and property; and/or (6) screening and other activities in connection with your employment or other engagement.
Legal Basis for Processing
Brockenbrough’s legal basis for processing your personal data that we receive through the website is based one or more of the following legal bases
- Your consent – By submitting Information to Brockenbrough on or through the site, a user acknowledges that he or she has read this Policy, understands it, agrees to its terms, and authorizes Brockenbrough to collect, use and disclose Information pursuant to the terms of this Policy.
- To comply with your instructions
- As is necessary for our legitimate interests, including Brockenbrough’s direct marketing or fulfilling a service obligation; and/or
- To comply with the law and our legal obligations.
Know Your Rights
You have various legal rights regarding how your personal data is collected and processed. Your rights vary depending on the jurisdiction and laws applicable to you, which may include those described below. Where applicable, you may exercise your rights by contacting us as provided below. In reviewing your request, we may request additional information, as reasonably necessary to understand and authenticate the request.
The right to access information Brockenbrough holds on you.
If applicable, you may request additional information about: (1) the categories of data we’re processing; (2) the purposes of data processing; (3) the categories of third parties to whom the data may be disclosed; (4) how long the data will be stored (or the criteria used to determine that period); (5) your other rights regarding our use of your data. Brockenbrough will provide you with the information within one month of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other (e.g. another person’s confidentiality or intellectual property rights). Brockenbrough will tell you if your request can’t be met for that reason.
The right to opt-out of marketing communication.
If you have previously given consent to our processing your data, you can freely withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com or by selecting “unsubscribe” from the relevant marketing communication. If you withdraw your consent, and if Brockenbrough does not have another legal basis for processing your personal information, then Brockenbrough will stop processing the data. If Brockenbrough does have another legal basis for processing your information, then Brockenbrough may continue to do so subject to your legal rights. You may also object to processing of your data if processing is based on a legitimate interest.
The right to remove or erase personal data or contact information (“right to be forgotten”).
You can do this by asking Brockenbrough to erase any personal data Brockenbrough holds about you, if it is no longer necessary for Brockenbrough to hold the data for purposes of your use of the website or in fulfilling our regulatory obligation.
The right of data portability where we process your personal information based on your consent.
You may ask Brockenbrough to transfer your personal data to you or another third party upon request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right to correct any inaccurate personal information about you that is incorrect or incomplete. You also have the right to restrict or suspend processing of your personal data or correct.
You can complete any or all the above by sending a request to email@example.com.
The right to submit a complaint.
If you have questions or complaints regarding Brockenbrough’s Policy or privacy practices, please contact Brockenbrough at firstname.lastname@example.org. While Brockenbrough would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns, you may also submit complaints to relevant supervisory authorities.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Children’s Privacy Protection
This website is not directed towards children under 13 years of age, and Brockenbrough does not knowingly collect any information from children under 13 years of age through this website. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to submit any information to Brockenbrough through this website or any other means.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties.
Changes to this policy
Brockenbrough reserves the sole discretion to change this policy by updating this page. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any material changes to this policy, such as by sending you the revised policy by email or posting a notice on our website.
Contact Us with Any Questions or Concerns
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns regarding our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
Attn: Chief Compliance Officer
1802 Bayberry Ct, Suite 400
Richmond, VA 23226